Spring Cleaning Checklist!
Spring Cleaning Checklist!
The first day of spring is just around the corner! Can you believe it?! Spring is definitely one of my favorite times of the year. I love everything about it - the weather, the flowers, the feeling of freshness in the air. Plus, nothing beats all the purging and cleaning that goes on!
I’m a big fan of cleaning ALL areas of my life in the spring (not just my home!) and wanted to share my go-to spring cleaning list in all categories.
SKINCARE & MAKE-UP:
- First and foremost, wash those make-up brushes! Try to commit to washing them once per week to avoid the bacteria build up.
- Start transitioning to lighter skincare products. Colder weather may require heavier products but with the warmer temperatures coming, it’s time to lighten it up. Something hydrating, yet non-greasy like our Antioxidant Hydrating Fluid. Consider adding a facial mist for extra cooling hydration and to help balance your skin's PH and remove traces of leftover dirt and makeup.
- Throw away all expired and unused products. Products that are expired can hold extra bacteria and cause breakouts so make sure to toss them! It’s also time to get rid of anything that you just don’t ever use and start investing in products that are right for your skin.
- We should be wearing sunscreen year round but in case you skipped out on that this winter, it’s time to make it a daily habit. Use a high quality SPF 30+ on your face every day before you start the rest of your make-up routine.
- Before you get started on your home, run to the store and do an overhaul on your cleaning products. Take stock of what you have and what you might need before you begin!
- The kitchen tends to be the most time consuming room to clean so start there and get it over with! Clean out the fridge (don’t forget to check expiration dates on all of your condiments!), wipe down all of your appliances, empty out that toaster crumb tray, and organize the pantry.
- Move on to the bedrooms - wash all the sheets, rotate the mattresses and clean out the closets and dresser drawers.
- After cleaning up the bathrooms, treat yourself to some new bath products (you’ve earned it)! Check out our nourishing bath and body products!
- Don’t overwhelm yourself by trying to tackle everything at once. Just pick one project to focus on per week.
- Clean up your diet. Commit to making one small change (maybe incorporating a Meatless Monday or ditching the late night snacks). Switching up what you’ve been eating may help you to feel lighter and more energized.
- Start a new hobby. Have you always wanted to learn a new language, keep a journal, or start practicing yoga? Work it into your routine.
- Purge your closet! Get rid of clothes that no longer fit. They’re holding you back, whether you realize it or not. Donate or sell them and treat yourself to something new that feels comfortable.
- Clean up your finances! Reevaluate your spending habits and your budget. Is there an area you can adjust to help build up your savings?
- Start unsubscribing! This might just be the most satisfying task on the list. Are there emails, magazines, or peoples that no longer serve you or bring something OTHER than positivity and joy to your life? Unsubscribe and unfollow!
What’s on your spring cleaning list this year?!