Summer is always my favorite time to purge and hit the reset button in different areas of my life. Being off of your normal schedule and routine in the summer can give you that extra push you need to change things up and bring in some new habits to carry through the rest of the year.
Today, I’m sharing 4 simple ways to ‘detox’ all areas of your life!
Detox Your Home:
- Start with your closet and make 3 separate piles - one to keep, one to donate, and one to sell. If you haven’t worn it in 6 months - it’s time to toss it!
- Next, swap out your cleaning products. Toss the toxic, chemical laden products for more natural alternatives. Some of our favorite brands include Grove Collaborative, Seventh Generation, and Common Good
- That junk drawer you’ve been avoiding? You guessed it - your final home detox task! Get it organized and throw away anything you don’t need (especially those extra long CVS receipts).
Detox Your Diet:
- Go through your refrigerator first so that you have a clean slate to start with. Time to toss any processed, packaged, and expired foods. Create a meal plan for next week that includes fresh fruits and veggies, lean proteins, and fiber filled snacks. Make a grocery list based on that meal plan and stock up!
- Start tracking your water intake. The heat this summer has been intense so it’s more important than ever to stay hydrated.
- Challenge yourself to try Meatless Mondays and get creative in the kitchen with new plant-based recipes!
Detox Your Mindset:
- This one might look different depending on the areas that need the most ‘detoxing’ but start by reevaluating your schedule. How do you feel at the end of the day? Exhausted? Overwhelmed? Underwhelmed? Figure out how to adjust your schedule to make REST and PERSONAL TIME a priority (that might be exercise, a bath, reading, creative outlet, etc).
- Pick up a new book. Switch over from your nightly Netflix binge and try reading before bed instead.
- Check the screen time alert on your phone. Aim to cut that in half over the next few days. A social media detox is always good for the soul.
Detox Your Skin Care:
- We’re all guilty of holding onto make up far longer than we should. Mascara has a shelf life of about 3 months while the majority of other make up products last between 6 months - 1 year. Throw away anything that you’ve had longer, as it’s likely expired.
- Next, go through your skin care products. It’s time to get rid of all of your products that contain parabens, sulfates, and phthalates. Parabens can mimic hormones in your body, disrupting your endocrine system, phthalates can mimic estrogen, which disrupts the delicate hormonal balance, and sulfates are also endocrine disruptors and believed to contribute to acne.
- Switch over to products that are clean and non-toxic. At Heather Grace Skin Care, we promise to strive for supreme quality while remaining environmentally conscious. All of our products are cruelty free and free of harmful toxins and harsh ingredients (including parabens, sulfates, and phthalates).
Not sure where to start? We recommend grabbing our customer favorites: Pumpkin Enzyme Cleanser, Daily Repair Serum, and Nourishing Body Butter.